Tips Unix testing evironment

The 'man' command can display a manual page fo...Image via Wikipedia

Last week I had new project that included development of testing bulletproof environment using multiprocess programming.
Using a lots of on-line tutorials as reference, my rusty multiprocessor knowledge stated to unwind. Principle of forking, piping are same for every programming language. When I reached defining exit status mapping into user friendly messages for debugging, I know that project is slowly taking its shape.

New to come , was test itself.
I used keyboard as standard input for testing samples. I order to finish testing I had to enter end of file (EOF) from keyboard. And then got stuck!
I forgot essential little thing like entering EOF from keyboard and it took me additional 30 minutes of free time, searching web.
So, this post is tribute to EOF from keyboard:
CTRL-D (^D)

You little prick ...

Also you can see my similar troubles with Apache Server 403 message by-pass.


No comments:

Post a Comment